Figs are sweet and luscious and can be used in the preparation of delicious delicacies not just wines. The blend of baked figs with a crispy salty bacon, crunchy nuts and blue cheese make a heavenly tasting meal that is out of this world. The dish is not only packed with flavor and lotta punch but is also easy to prepare. This brief overview looks into how you can prepare this delicious recipe and treat your friends and family to a tasty meal. You can try the best airfryer review for cook it.
Baked Figs with Bacon, Blue Cheese, Roasted Nuts
Serves -4 people
Total Time- 30 minutes
· 8 fresh figs nicely cut in two halves lengthwise
· 4 slices of properly cooked bacon, nicely cut into small pieces
· 3-4 ounces of blue cheese or even goat cheese softened and crumbled
· 2 Tablespoons of finely chopped roast nuts. You can use walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts
· 2 Tablespoons of honey
· Grilled or toasted bread to be served with the baked figs
· Start by overheating the oven to about 350 degrees F.
· Proceed to line a sheet pan with a clean parchment paper. Ensure all the figs sit well and if some do not sit well, make some small cuts across the bottom part of the figs to ensure it will sit flat when toppings are added.
· Continue to top the figs with bacon and crumbled cheese. Press all nuts into the cheese to ensure they do not fall off from the cheese. Ensure the mixture is intact with all ingredients nicely pressed together.
· The next step is to bake your figs for a period of about 10-15 minutes. Bake them until they are soft and have the desired texture. All the cheese should be melted away. Remove the figs from the oven and drizzle some honey over the baked contents. You will notice that the Melted cheese pairs beautifully your baked figs. Walnuts add a beautiful flavor to the dish.
· Proceed to make four servings of the figs on your plates. Eat them when they are still warm. You can serve the dish as an appetizer or along with toasted bread with the accompaniment of a glass of wine you prefer.
One of the best things about this recipe is that you can add as much bacon or cheese as you like. You can simply press the bacon and cheese down to the center of the fig then add more toppings. Also, you can scoop a significant amount from the fig center to make space for more toppings. However, if you are using delicious fruits it is better to push the filling down into the figs and enjoy. If you are using table salt, ensure you use a very small amount for best results.
Make an informed decision to treat your friends or family to a Baked Figs with Bacon, Blue Cheese, Roasted Nuts meal and let them enjoy the most delicious meal of their life. The dish is tasty and unique. It is also extremely easy to prepare as it does not require a huge list of ingredients.